Grade 5/6 2012

Hi 5/6 learners. Here is your space on our Artsblog!
Check out the ‘Still Life Comes Alive’ performances as they arrive! Students would be very pleased to receive feedback concerned with their ‘dramatic’ performances and their scriptwriting skills.

Sailing the Catboat by Winslow Homer

“An Indiana Jones Story”

A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Seurat

The Card Players by Paul Cezanne Group 3

The Card Players by Paul Cezanne Group 2

The Belleli Family by Degas

Luncheon of the Boating Party by Renoir

Self-Portrait with Felt Hat by Vincent van Gogh

The Card Players by Paul Cezanne Group 1

Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci

12 thoughts on “Grade 5/6 2012

1. Oh wow! Well done! What a fantastic idea! The acting is brilliant too. Like Mrs Rutherford, I can’t wait to see more.

• THanks for viewing the monologues Holly, the students will be very pleased that you enjoyed them. Over the next few weeks the rest of the 5/6ers will be presenting their ensemble performances, also inspired by various famous artworks.

• Thanks for checking out the 5/6s drama ”monologue” presentations Alison. Not my original idea but an expansion of a short activity. The rest of the students are preparing their ‘ensemble’ presentations to ‘film’ over the next couple of weeks (assuming there are no ‘dramas’!!).

2. I think that Lachlan’s performance was good but he would forget his lines and pull focus at times.
    Lachlan did really well when he agreed with George about Liam cheating all the time

From Brayden

3. Brayden: Brayden was a very good actor and was always serious and mostly on task.

I think next time we should have got dressed as they are and it would of made it abit more detalied.

4. I think that Brayden’s acting was brilliant when he left and said he was not playing and then came back. Maybe next time during practise he could be more serious. It took a whole load of practise but at the end he got it just right.

From George

5. I think that George was very good when he didn’t laugh when the tension was building up and I thought that he was good when he made his character really come alive. I thought that George was not so good in the beginning but he got better as he picked up his confidence.

6. hi Mrs Weston when you have a moment could you please put up the other still life comes to live art work.
    I would love to see my groups still life comes to life art how it turned out.

Diveena
    🙂

• Hi Diveena,
      Thanks for your post. I have tried REALLY hard during the holidays to have all the Still Life Comes to Life videos on the blog (plus what every other grade did) but technology hasn’t been very cooperative! I need to upload through a website called Vimeo and then use an imbedded code that Vimeo assigns to each video to post onto the blog. Every time I do it, Vimeo stops uploading after only doing about 35%. I bet you can tell I am frustrated! I will try and see if there is any other way to get this happening successfully tomorrow. We can watch the videos on the interactive whiteboard, as they are stored on my Macbook. Maybe there will be time tomorrow.