Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo da Vinci

In Term 1, Grade 3/4s explored three different topics, Under the Sea, Under the Skin and Under the Stage. Please answer the following questions:

1.Which topic did you find most interesting and why?
2.Of these three topics, which one would you like to learn more about and why?
3. List three facts you have learnt about each topic.
(e.g.) Under the Sea 1) ,2), 3) Under the Skin 1), 2), 3) Under the Stage 1), 2), 3)

19 thoughts on “Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo da Vinci

1. 1. I liked under the stage because rhapsody in blue is my favourite piece of music
    2. under the stage as it inspired me
    3. water covers over 75 % of the earth2.these are three bones in your body
    Femur, scapula, pelvis 3.there are many familys in the orchestra ther are the names string, brass,
    Percussion, wood winds.

2. I found under the skin most interesting.
    I would like to learn more about under the sea because I was on holidays when the other people were learning about it. This is the facts:
    Under the skin:
    1.The largest bone is your femur
    2.There is a spinal cord
    3.There is a skull
    Under the stage:
    1.There is 4 families
    2.1 of them is brass
    3.1 of them is strings

3. Q1.Which topic did you find most interesting and why?
    I found the inquiry that was most interesting was the under the stage because I learn the 4 family’s of the orchestra and all the instruments in them. The four families are the Strings, Woodwind, Brass and Percussion.

Q2. Of these three topics, which one would you like to learn more about and why?
    I would really like to learn more about the orchestra where it originated from and how all the instrument came to be in it the orchestra.

Q3. List three facts you have learnt about each topic.
    I have learnt in the under the sea inquiry that science has only explored 1% of the deep ocean!
    In the under the skin inquiry I learnt that your small intestine is 7 meters long!
    In the under the stage inquiry I learnt the piccolo is the highest “blow into” interment.

4. I found the under the stage because I didn’t know much about instuments and now I do. I would like to learn more about under the stage because I would like to learn more and because I’m interested in this topic more than anthing else we have done.
    Here are 3 facts…
    1)One of the familes is the Strings
    2)Another one is Brass.
    3)The last fact is one family is Woodwind and the last family is Percussion.

5. I found the under the stage most interesting because I enjoy music and playing it.
    I would like to learn more about the under the sea because I liked watching the movies about the ocean.
    Under the sea:1 sea Turtles lay there eggs on shore and come back the next day,2 fish have gills to breath under water,3 there a three parts of the ocean.
    under the skin:1 when you eat or drink it goes down your,2 there are 206 bones in your bodt as an adult,3 the biggest bone in your human body is your femur.
    Under the stage:1 there is the Brass section,2 the Woodwind,3 the strings.

6. 1. I find the under the skin intresting because you need to know about your body!
    2.I would like to learn more about under the stage because we did’nt have that much time to learn more about that topic.
    3. Water covers 75% of the whole Earth, angler fishs are the ones that got a light on thier head, a angler fish can’t closes it’s mouth because they have got very sharp and long teeth.

You have got 12 pairs of bones in your ribcage to protect your heart and lungs, you have a large intestine and a small intestine, your large intestine is 1.5 long and your small intestine is 5.6 long!

The four families are strings, woodwind, brass and purcussion, the biggest family is the strings, piano might be purcussion or strings.

7. 1. I found most interesting topic out of sea skin and stage I will choose under the skin because I never knew that the small intestine was 6.5m long :O.

2. i would like to leran more about underthe sea because I would like to know more about the deep ocean and i would like to learn more about the creatures in the deep.

3. these are my three facts I know about each topic:

1. Your small intestine is 6.5m.

2. Your small intestine can cover a tennis pitch.

3. Your large intestine is shorter than your small intsetine.

1. The angler fish’s teeth cant close there mouth because there teeth are too big.

2. There is such thing as a six gilled shark.

3. The blue whale is the largest creature in the sea.

1. There are 4 Orchestra places.

2. The Harp is the only plucked instrument.

3. The French horn is very fancy.

8. Hi World!

1. I found the most interesting topic under the sea because the fish I like most in the unit was the Angler fish.

2.I would like to learn more about under the sea because I couldn’t learn more about it when we were watching the blue planet.

3.Under the sea 1. the angler fish has a flashing blue light which attracts prey. 2. when the prey gets really close to the angler fish’s mouth it gets snapped up. 3. little fishes have to feed on one another to keep healthy.
    under the skin 1. the small intestine is 6.7m long. 2. the large intestine is 5.3m long. 3.the smallest bone in the body is in the ear.

under the stage 1.one of the music families are percussion 2. another of the music families is brass 3. another one of music families is strings.

By Dakotah 😛

9. 1. I liked the under the sea topic because it was so interesting because to see all of the colours shaps and sizes.
    2. id like to learn more about under the sea because it was so fun to here infomation on crazy sea animals.
    3. about 70% of the earth is coverd in the ocean,there are four intrament familys, when you are born you have 300 bones in your body.

10. Out of the three inquiry projects we have learnt this term, I enjoyed “Under the stage” the most because it was good listening to different pieces that I didn’t have a clue about. I’d like to learn more about “Under the stage” because It’s good listening to other pieces. Here are three facts about under the stage: The percussion family has the most intrumests. Ducask was a French composer. Ducask was inspired with the tale “The sorcerer’s apprentice” and wrote a piece about it. Here are three facts about Under the skin: The femur is the biggest bone. There are two intestines in your digestive system. The smallest bone is located in your ear. Here are three facts about Under the sea: Human beings have only found out 1% of the ocean. The midnight zone is the darkest part in the ocean. A Fangtooth angler can’t close it’s mouth.

11. i liket under the sea because it was fun.
    1.under the sea: 75 % of the would is covered.
    2.there are more then 2000 fish.
    3.there are more then 30,000 fish in australia.
    under the skin: 1.
    a bone is in your leg is cold a fibia a bone is in your leg is cold a fibia
    2.there is a bone in your back it is a spine.
    3.there is a bone called tibia.

12. we found under the sea most interesting because we love fish. we would like to learn more about under the stage because we wont to learn more of the sound.
    1. under the sea
    1.there are three parts of the sea
    sunlight zone
    midnight zone
    twilight zone
    2. twilight zone is pitch black
    3. 1% of the sea is discovered

under the skin
    1.there are 300 bones in a babys body.
    2.there are 206 bones in a adults body.
    3.your toung is the only visible mucle.

13. My favourite inqiry subject is under the sea because my favourite sea animal is a Whale.
    I want to learn more about under the sea because it was short learning.
    under the sea.1.The first fact is the angler fish can’t shut its mouth.
    2.The angler fish needs a light on top of it because its because so it can see.
    3.The deep sea is called Midnight zone.
    under the skin.1.There are 12 ribcages on each side.
    2.You need to chew on the food you eat so it can digest properly.
    3.The stomach brakes the food down into a liquid.
    under the stage.1. There are four families.
    2.There are four strings in a violin.
    3.The strings family largest is a double bass.

14. 1.under the stage because you can play more intrements.2.under the stage so you can play an instement.3. under the sea f1:there are fish that light up.f2:the red light is wery rear.f3:some fish breath air.under the skin f1:there are four layers of stuff in one bone.f2:there is bone marrow.f3 : bone marrow cleans dogs teeth.

15. 1). My favourite mini inquiry was the Under The Sea because I am really interested in the ocean and especially the deep sea creatures.

2). I want to learn more about the sea because when I went snorkeling and I saw three coral reefs I was really inspired to find out more about the ocean.

3). Under the sea:
    1. In the twilight zone almost all the creatures are transparent.
    2. In the midnight zone the only light is made by the animals.
    3. The angler fish lives in the dark zone.

4). Under the skin:
    1. The smallest bone in your body is the strap or the stirrup in the ear.
    2. You are born with 300 bones.
    3. At 25 you have 206 bones.

5). Under the stage:
    1. The cello is in the strings section.
    2. The timpani is in the percussion section.
    3. The french horn is in the brass section.

By Elena 😉

16. I fould under the sea most interesing because i liked laerning about the fish.
    I would like to learn more about under the stage because i like music.
    1f;some sea fish have a light on top of it,s head.
    2f;the red light is the best light.
    3f;some fish have lights.

17. I like the under the sea topic because I,love fishing and keeping fish as pets. I would like to learn more about under the stage because,I want to know more about the orchestra. I learnt that the sea never stops,I learnt that 1% of the bottom of the ocean has been discovered,I learnt that there are four layers of the sea. I learnt that the femur is the biggest bone in your body, I learnt that a baby has 300 bones at birth,I learnt that at the age of twenty-five an adults bones fuse. I learnt that there are four families in the orchestra,I learnt that there are more violins than anything else in an orchestra, I learnt that the percussion family colour is blue.

18. It is so exciting to see that the three mini-inquiries in 3/4 this term inspired different people in different ways. I love the way all the students had the opportunity to see what excites their teachers, and learn about topics they may not have ever thought about before.
    I am really interested to know what the 3/4 students think of ‘mini inquiries’.

19. Hi Mrs Weston,
    The concert was soooooooo awesome i want to do it again!
    The positive stuff about the concert was that lots and lots and lots and lots of people came, and there was a huuuuuuge audience and the people clapped after performances, i believe that we should do another concert like this one 😀 😛
    FROM NATALIA AND NED! 🙂