St Kevin’s Glendalough

Learning ‘St Kevin’s Forever’ beneath the northern sun in Glendalough, Ireland on Tuesday 4th September, 2012. The wonderful staff and students were very enthusiastic, supportive and ‘vocally’ beautiful through the collaborative process…..a little dream that became a big dream and then became a dream come true!!

Singing St Kevin’s Forever in Glendalough from Marg Weston on Vimeo.

Here is the audio track of the St Kevin’s Glendalough students singing St Kevin’s Forever
St Kevin’s Glendalough audio track

Many believe that this is where St Kevin retreated to pray for a very long time. What a beautiful place to to do that!!

14 thoughts on “St Kevin’s Glendalough

1. Hi Marg,
    What a wonderful way to connect and record your time with our sister school over there in the hills of Wicklow and I see the gifts were exchanged. ( Did you see that Jimmy Stynes’ ashes were scattered in the hills of Wicklow very recently. The photos take me back to such a spiritual space. The walk through the cemetery to the lake area is so beautiful. We are looking forward to hearing more about your travels. Stay safe and well.

2. Hello Mrs weston I hope you had a lovely time at Ireland. What was the difference between St Kevins in Ireland and us all the best lucas

3. I think that it was really cool how you went to Ireland and taught the children the ‘St Kevin’s Forever’ song. I like how you swapped the words around. When you played it to the choir it sounded great!

Elena

4. Wow! What a beautiful landscape! It may be gloomy, but all that lovely scenery makes it an amazing place. I wanna go there! 🙂

5. Thank you for your posts Lucas, Elena and Dearna. Visiting Glendalough and teaching the students our St Kevin’s Forever school song was a wonderful experience. Mr Weston and I are left with very happy memories and hope to communicate with staff and students, via this blog, in the near future.
    To answer your question Lucas, it is very hard to find any differences between the staff and students of each school because we are all learners trying our best! There are differences between the landscape and the seasons and, of course, our accents (the way we speak). Can we think of any other differences Lucas?

6. Hi Mrs. Weston looks like you had a great time in Ireland. The pictures are amazinig, It looks like you got up to a lot of things in Ireland.

7. This clip makes me feel very proud of our song, and of Mr. and Mrs. Weston for achieving a special goal that we dreamed of for a while. Our link with Glendalough is very strong and spirit-filled.

8. It was lovely to watch that clip and think of the children who are such a long way away from Melbourne singing your school song. What a special connection you have with your sister school! It looks like a very beautiful place and such a cute little school.

9. Hi Mrs Weston!!
    I’m really missing St Kevin’s but having an awesome time at high school. The pictures are REALLY pretty and I would love to go there one day. The children singing the St Kevin’s song was lovely and it brings back memories of us singing it. I really want to come back and visit (which I will hopefully soon). I hope everyone is having fun!
    Love Monisha

• We did have a wonderful time in Ireland! Thanks for reminding me of the trip. Maybe one day you might get to visit the beautiful land of Ireland. Bye for now from Mrs Weston.