Prep 2013

PERFORMING ARTS 2013

Well done Preps! You successfully used your body in a performance space to become an animal character. You recalled directions and knew when and where to move in the space.Some students also improvised (made up actions)to keep the story going. ‘Crocodile Beat – the Play’ was very entertaining!

Our wonderful Preps show their understanding of Pitch by placing their hands in a high,middle or low space to match the sounds they hear. Do you agree that they have done well? Why?

Create an account on this amazing learning link and explore, learn, create and have heaps of fun!!

Welcome to the wonderful new Preps of 2012. We will have such a great time singing, acting, dancing and enjoying lots of music together.

Prep S shared their favourite part of Waltzing with Matilda….
Imogen: My favourite part in the production was when I was a red back spider. I loved the steam machine.

Angus: My favourite part of the production was the frilled neck lizards squashing together
Max: My favourite part of the production was when the emus were running around
Charlie: My favourite part of the production was when the audience clapped
Elysse: My favourite part of the production was we sang the Australian Animals song and when I was a frill-neck lizard.
Kane: My favourite part of the production was when we all sang Waltzing Matilda.
Olivia: My favourite part of the production was when I sang Waltzing Matilda and when I sang with the choir.
Lara: My favourite part of the production was when I went out and I did the emu.
Kirsten: My favourite part of the production was when the frilled necked lizards came out.
Patryk: My favourite part of the production was when I was acting funny on the stage.
Sarah: My favourite part of the production was when the emus came out.
Giancarlo: My favourite part of the production was when frilled necked lizards acted funny.
Bianca: My favourite part of the production was when the kangaroos were hopping.
Mieke: After watching the DVD, Mieke said that she liked when the kangaroos were hopping past.
Dakota-Jai: My favourite part of the production was when I was out with the Grade 6s and enjoyed the whole concert and it was a lot of fun.
Jeslyn: My favourite part of the production was when we all sang Waltzing Matilda.

Joshua R My favourite part of the production was when the emus came out of the curtains
India: My favourite part of the concert was the red back spiders.
Isaac: My favourite part of the concert was all the kookaburras squashing together.
Henry: My favourite part of the production was the red back spiders.
Lucy: My favourite part was when I was dressed as a kookaburra with the Grade 6s.
Rachel: My favourite part in the production was when I spoke into the microphone. I also loved singing with my buddy Daniel ‘Under the Southern Skies’ and when I sang ‘in a world of harmony’.
Seb: My favourite part of the concert was we all sang The Australian Animal Song.
Connor: My favourite was when I was dressed up as an emu and spoke into the microphone.
Nick: My favourite bit in the production was when I dressed as a kookaburra and I flew around the stage.
Lara:The best part in the production was when I was dressed as a frill-neck lizard.
Christine:My favourite part of the production was the frill-neck lizards.
Anson: My favourite part of the production was the kangaroos.
Bianca: I liked when I was with my buddy.
Sabrina: My favourite part of the production was being a kookaburra and the 1/2s singing Mumbo Italiano.

All the Preps made a fantastic effort of trying to remember their movements and lyrics and worked together as a team to present their Inquiry learning on the stage.

Australian animals for the Preps to view for their performance in Waltzing With Matilda