St Kev’s Got Talent!

Students! Please find below the support resources you need to improve your skills and talents for the St Kev’s Got Talent school production 2016.

BELOW YOU WILL FIND :

• Sabina & Neve resources
  • Middle C Naughty resources

Sabina & Neve  –  Count on Me – your backing track. Sing this while reading along with the lyrics below.

Lyrics – Count on Me – Bruno Mars

[Verse 1:]
Oh uh-huh
If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I’ll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see
I’ll be the light to guide you

We find out what we’re made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

[Chorus:]
You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I’ll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
And you’ll be there
‘Cause that’s what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah
Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

[Verse 2:]
If you’re tossin’ and you’re turnin’
And you just can’t fall asleep
I’ll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Every day I will remind you

Oooh
We find out what we’re made of

[Chorus:]
You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I’ll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
And you’ll be there
Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

You’ll always have my shoulder when you cry
I’ll never let go, never say goodbye
You know…

[Chorus:]
You can count on me like 1, 2, 3
I’ll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like 4, 3, 2
And you’ll be there
Ooooooh, oooohhh

You can count on me ’cause I can count on you

MIDDLE C

Awesome Middle C students, please find below the lyrics and vocal track for Naughty – one of the wonderful songs from Matilda the Musical, written and composed by Australian,Tim Minchin.

Play this vocal track while you sing a-long with the lyrics under- neath.

Naughty

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.

So they say, their subsequent fall was inevitable.

They never stood a chance;

they were written that way –

Innocent victims of their story.
Like Romeo and Juliet,

‘Twas written in the stars before they even met

That love and fate (and a touch of stupidity)

Would rob them of their hope of living happily.

The endings are often a little bit gory.

I wonder why they didn’t just change their story.

We’re told we have to do what we’re told, but surely

Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty.
[Chorus:]

Just because you find that life’s not fair, it

Doesn’t mean that you just have to grin and bear it.

If you always take it on the chin and wear it,

Nothing will change.

Even if you’re little you can do a lot, you

Mustn’t let a little thing like ‘little’ stop you.

If you sit around and let them get on top, you

Might as well be saying you think that it’s OK,

And that’s not right.
Cinderella, in the cellar,

Didn’t have to do much as far as I could tell.

Her Godmother was two thirds fairy.

Suddenly her lot was a lot less scary.

But what if you haven’t got a fairy to fix it?

Sometimes you have to make a little bit of mischief.
[Chorus:]

Nothing will change.

And that’s not right.

And if it’s not right, you have to put it right.

In the slip of a bolt, there’s a tiny revolt.

The seeds of a war in the creak of a floorboard.

A storm can begin with the flap of a wing.

The tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Every day starts with the tick of a clock.

All escapes start with the click of a lock.

If you’re stuck in your story and want to get out,

You don’t have to cry; you don’t have to shout.
‘Cause if you’re little, you can do a lot, you

Won’t change a thing.

You might as well be saying you think that it’s OK.

And that’s not right.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me.

Nobody but me is gonna change my story.

Jungle Book Kids 2014

Here’s an example of telling the story, performing with energy and having fun!!

Go for it Mowgli!

Lyrics That’s What Friends Are For

WHen you’re alone, who comes around
to pluck you up when you are down?
And when you’re outside looking in,
who’s there to open the door?
That’s what friends are for!
And when you’re lost AND WHEN YOU’RE LOST
In dire need, who’s at your side WHO’S AT YOUR SIDE
at lightning speed? LIGHTNING SPEED?
We’re friends with every creature comin’ down the pike.
In fact, we’ve never met a man cub that we didn’t like.
So you can see SO YOU CAN SEE
we’re friends in need WE’RE FRIENDS IN NEED
and friends in need AND FRIENDS IN NEED
are friends in deed ARE FRIENDS IN DEED
we’ll keep you safe in the jungle for ever more
(SHERE KHAN) that’s what friends are for! ROAR!

That’s What Friends Are For

I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

THE FINALE SONG! THE BARE NECESSITIES

THE BARE NECESSITIES
(EVERYONE)
Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities;
Forget about your worries and your strife. I mean the bare necessities, or Mother Nature’s recipes that bring the bare necessities of life!
(MOWGLI)Wherever I wander, wherever I roam,
(EVERYONE)
I couldn’t be fonder of my big home. The bees are buzzin’ in the tree to make some honey just for me. You look under the rocks and plants and take a glance at the fancy ants, then maybe try a few. (MOWGLI)
Don’t mind if I do!
(EVERYONE)
Yeah! The bare necessities of life will come to you. They’ll come to you. They’ll come to you. They’ll come to you you you you. The bare necessities of life! Oh, yeah!

YOU CAN WATCH A SHORT VERSION OF THE JUNGLE BOOK HERE!

BAGHEERA, THE PANTHER, IS TELLING THE STORY.

YOU CAN LISTEN AND READ THE JUNGLE BOOK STORY HERE!!

STUDENTS FROM BROADWAY MUSIC THEATRE IN

FLORIDA USA PERFORM JUNGLE BOOK KIDS

Look who’s singing our song!!

DISNEY’S ‘THE JUNGLE BOOK’ Kids               SYNOPSIS

(song titles are in the brackets)

Our tale begins deep in the heart of the Jungle. A baby boy, lost and abandoned, is raised by wolves. He is called “Mowgli” (“Jungle Prologue”).

Shere Kahn, the tiger, decides that Mowgli is no longer welcome in the Jungle. To keep him out of danger, Bagheera, the panther, plans to guide Mowgli to the safety of the man village, but Mowgli doesn’t want to leave his home. The two settle down for the night under a coconut tree, but their peaceful night is interrupted by Kaa, the Snake (“Kaa the Snake”). Bagheera doesn’t notice as Kaa, the snake lulls Mowgli into a deep sleep (“Trust in Me”). Bagheera wakes up to find Kaa coiled around Mowgli, and chases the snake away (“Night into Day”).

As they continue their journey, they encounter a herd of elephants, led by the dotty Colonel Hathi (“Colonel Hathi’s March”). As the elephants march off, Bagheera commands Mowgli to follow him without any more argument. Mowgli sits and pouts on a large boulder only to discover that it is the giant bear, Baloo (“Baloo the Bear”).

Baloo offers Mowgli his philosophy on life, which is quite different from what Bagheera has been teaching (“The Bare Necessities”). While Baloo is lost in that swingin’ jungle rhythm, a group of shifty-looking monkeys tiptoes in and kidnaps Mowgli. Caught off guard, Baloo calls to Bagheera for help, while the monkeys carry Mowgli deep into the jungle, laughing all the way (“Monkey Business”).

The monkeys take Mowgli to the ancient ruins, where their leader, the wiley King Louie, is holding court. King Louie tells Mowgli that he wants to learn how to be a man, while Baloo and Bagheera sneak on and devise a rescue plan. Baloo, disguised as a very big monkey, will join in the fun to distract King Louie, while Bagheera spirits Mowgli away (“I Wan’na Be Like You”).

Baloo can’t get enough of that jumpin’ jazz, and insists on an encore. He continues to swing until his disguise falls off, blowing their cover, and forcing them to run (“I Wan’na Be Like You Reprise”). The monkeys frantically follow in pursuit, but are stopped dead in their tracks when Shere Khan appears. He sharpens his claws and the monkeys scatter in terror (“Shere Khan the Tiger”).

After their monkey attack, Baloo now realizes the Jungle is too dangerous for Mowgli, and together with Bagheera, they agree to get him out of the jungle. Mowgli overhears, and not wanting to leave his home, defiantly runs away. Baloo and Bagheera rush off to find him, hoping that Shere Khan doesn’t find him first (“Mowgli Runs”).

Away from the safety of Baloo and Baghera, Mowgli finds friendship in the other jungle creatures, who promise to protect him if Shere Khan should come around (“That’s What Friends Are For”).

Shere Khan arrives, and prepares to attack Mowgli. But before he can pounce, Baloo appears, rallying the other jungle creatures into battle (“The Battle”). The battles ends with the jungle creatures victorious, and Shere Khan cowering in the distance, humiliated and defeated. Once again, the jungle is safe.

Shanti, a beautiful young girl who has been hiding in the jungle the whole time, finally reveals herself. She offers to take Mowgli to her village to meet other people just like him. Mowgli decides to explore the “man village” with Shanti, but reminds his friends he will return, for he will always consider the Jungle his home (“The Bare Necessities Reprise – Finale”).

As the curtain falls, the jungle inhabitants return once more to celebrate that swingin’ jungle beat (“I Wan’na Be Like You Reprise – Bows”).

WALTZING WITH MATILDA 2012

WALTZING WITH MATILDA (week 8 Term 2 Quadblogging)

Could every class please post a short synopsis of their part of the Australian history story that St Kevin’s will be presenting at The George Wood Performing Arts Centre on Friday 31st August (week 7).

Please include the props, costumes (all performers will all be wearing blacks – each class will decide what relevant clothing or prop piece can be added to the blacks – e.g. a hat from the era) and the set pieces you are planning to incorporate. Can each grade also post their ideas for the digital images for the ‘big’ screen, that will assist in communicating your part of our story.

I look forward to reading a lively discussion that affirms, clarifies, suggests and builds a whole school vision for our 2012 Production ‘Waltzing with Matilda’.

The video below will help you to learn the famous Australian ballad, Waltzing Matilda. In this video, famous Australian singer, song writer and painter Rolf Harris, explains the story of Waltzing Matilda and sings as well! Does his explanation help you understand the story? I like the way he sings the song because he does it with great energy and expression. What do you think? Rolf Harris also had a BIG hit with a song about little boys and soldiers called Two Little Boys.

62 thoughts on “St Kev’s Got Talent!

1. Hi Mrs Weston I had an idea what we could is we could have a group of people (matildas friends) looking for her and they also get to hear clancyies stories because the schools about group learning please ask me if you have any qustions

2. Hi Mrs Weston I had an idea for the play we could get a group of people looking for Matilda and they get to hear Clancy’s stories as well Matilda. Half way throw the play. Because the schools about group learning how good will that be. 🙂
    If you have any questions please ask me.
    Diveena 🙂

3. Hi Mrs. Weston,
    Grade 1/2CT have been thinking about the concert with great enthusiasm!
    Overview: Grade 1/2CT is planning to retell the story of some of their families migrating to Australia. The thinking is, that students form into small groups and tell a story that they have researched from the families. Students from each group can walk on stage with a suitcase (maybe even their school bag)and take an object from the suitcase that represents their country. At the end, students sing the song Hey Mambo/Mambo Italiano???

Some of the props that we may need include: a suitcase, maybe students school bags,sari’s (from India), worry beads (Greece), chopsticks (China), pasta(Italy)maybe wool to look like pasta or even salami.
    Some costume pieces could include a hat with a small flag from where they have come from, flags of each country. If you are really brave Mrs. Weston students could have their faces painted with face paints with the colors of that chosen country.

As students are performing PowerPoint may include:
    Names of each country, flags, A world map with arrows from different parts of the world coming to Australia. Other ideas include, pictures of migrant ships arriving, students’ family group pictures, famous infrastructure from each country and national animal pictures (example a picture of a panda to represent China).

Thats all for now Mrs. Weston. Take care and have fun with our ideas.

4. Thanks Mr Con and 1/2CT. Your ideas and suggestions are very exciting and I am beginning to have a vision of what could happen on stage to retell your learning journey this term. ‘Hey Mambo’ was an American hit song that was famous world wide in the mid 1950s. Immigrants arriving from Italy would have loved hearing the song played in Australia. It would be great to find other songs from the era, that were ‘hits’ in Australia, so that we have a good selection to match the stories. The idea of sharing pictures from when the families arrived in Australia is also a great idea. Do you think we could have students try and recreate the original images? A kind of jumping the generations sequence? I guess we will have to wait and see and we would have to get permission as well. Thanks again 1/2CT and congratulations on being the first with your quadblogging comment! Mrs Weston

5. Hi Mrs. Weston
    We are going to be teaching the audience something about the 1980’s in Australia. We will do this by each child coming on to the stage and saying a fact or relevant quote about this time in our history. The last few statements will be about the controversy of the Bicentenial celebrations. Was this occasion a happy time for Australia or a time when the Aboriginal Australians were overlooked? This will lead us into a singing, dancing performance of Goanna’s Solid Rock.
    In the background, we will have images of iconic events in the 1980’s such as the winning of the America’s Cup, the advent of Neighbours and the boom in the mining industry. We might look at matching images with the lines being spoken.
    We will wear our blacks but brighten them up with neon/colourful accessories such as legwarmers, beads, sunnies, wigs, and so on. We may also show images of our 1980’s day.
    We are interested to see if we pick up any useful dance moves from the bushdancing lessons.
    We are so excited about Walzing with Matilda.

• Wow! Thanks 3/4RW and Mrs Rutherford. It sounds like we are on track to create an authentic and entertaining presentation of the learning this term. It was so wonderful to hear everyone singing the chorus for Solid Rock today with Bushwahzee. It will sound awesome! Mrs Rutherford, I’m wondering if it might be a good idea to have a class production meeting about how we move forward with the sharing of facts and details from the 1980s? It is very tricky to find time for us to be together so I was wondering if you would be able to pop in while students are enjoying their visual art time on Thursday and we can talk as a group while people work on their art? Ideas might flow really well because everyone will be feeling very artistically focussed! If you are tired up with other important school business we will get the discussion happening anyway. Mrs Weston

6. Hi Mrs. Weston,

How’s your day going? Here is our grades overview for concert 2012.

Overview: Our focus in on Australian artists. So far we have focude on Frederick McCubbins and Margaret Preston. Frederick McCubbion’s work ‘The Pioneer’ is called a triptych. A triptych is a painting with three panels and it tells a story. It has a beginning, middle and end. We are thinking of telling a story making our own triptych.Possible somgs are, Colour my World and/or A Drover’s Dream.

Ideas:
    Possible props – To give the illusion of different animals we could have a pouch (kangaroo), a sheep (a woolen/car rug etc), a magpie (white feathers on the black clothes and a party hat as a beak), a snake (sequenced scales), a frog (pipecleaners with green patty cake pans), a frilled neck lizard (create spikes, maybe painted onto cardboard). Other props could include, paints, paintbrushes, art smocks, easels, palettes, other art and craft supplies.

Ran out of time, take two tomorrow!!!
    Regards, Mrs. T:))

• THanks for your post Mrs T and 1/2ET. I really enjoyed reading about your ideas for clever costume pieces for the various animals. You must have had a very creative and imaginative discussion! Having artists on the stage as well is a great idea and easy to set up. We will keep learning Colour My World and The Drover’s Dream. I look forward to reading ‘take two’! Thanks again. Have a great Wednesday! Regards Mrs Weston

7. Dear Mrs Weston,

We are Prep LS and we will be telling the story of the Aboriginal people. Last night we discussed what we would be doing for our performance. We would like to incorporate some dancing, singing and acting.

One of the artists from the Bushwahzee suggested that we contact some Aboriginal professionals who would be able to come to St. Kevin’s. We are hoping that we will be able to learn an Aboriginal dance about different Australian animals.

We will all be wearing black and here are some of our ideas about our costume pieces:

Anson – The kangaroos could wear ears.

Nicholas – We could wear glow sticks to look like the paint that is on the Aboriginal people’s body when they are dancing.

Lucy – You could add a kookaburra tail for a kookaburra.

Henry – You could wear a snake mask to be a snake.

Lucy – Some fury material for an emu.

Christine – You could use some feathers for a kookaburra or an emu.

Rachel – For a platypus we could put fins on our hands.

Henry – For a lizard we could get some hard stuff and put it over the clothes to make the body. Then it can have some scales painted on.

India – we could get some paper and cardboard to make trees.

Bianca – We could put paper leaves on the tree.

Henry – Maybe we could paint some paper and make it look like sand on the floor.

We are thinking that for the music we could use Aboriginal music.- Joshua.

We are looking forward to the next couple of months in which we will continue to develop and create our wonderful performance!

8. HI everyone, this is both of the Grade 5/6 classes here;

Mr Con – I like your thinking about migration. We like the idea of having some flags in the background to represent the different countries. We think the face painting idea is interesting but we are concerned that the parents will not be able to recognise their children on stage.
    we would also like to know more about the ‘story’ happening on stage and how the sharing of facts will be incorporated. for example an idea could be that they’ve all been on a plane/boat ride and are picking up their luggage… but the luggage all got mixed up and they have to work out who belongs to what.

Mrs Rutherford- we like the idea of the bright colours and accessories and thought that maybe you could deliver it through at a disco setting… we think having a class production meeting will help you script out the production. Did you know that Ewen Baker (the fiddler from Bushwahzee) actually played on the latest versions of Shane Howard’s Solid Rock?

Mrs Tomazos – we wanted to know if you were thinking about including aboriginal art or are you going to leave that to the preps?
    We are interested to know what your story will be on stage? we would like to know your interpretation of Fredrick McCubbin’s The Pioneer. could you recreate that story as part of the production?

Sorry we’ve run out of time to explain what our classes are doing. But we will come back soon to add them in.

xxx The 5/6 students

9. Dear Mrs Weston,
    We are so happy to leave you some of our ideas about our super concert. We are excited about our concert because we are new to the school.
    We gathered some new information at our Bushwhazee last night. Owen suggested we speak to some special Aboriginal people who can come out and talk to us about Aboriginal people. We have some ideas of what we can wear and look like. We would like to share them with you.

Giancarlo: “We would like to play an instrument.”
    Kane: “We would like to play some music.”
    Patryk: “We could wear some jeans and shoes.”
    Olivia: “We could wear a rainbow top.”
    Jeslyn “We could have some glowsticks.”
    Lara: “We could wear some coloured clotes.”
    Elysse:’ My mummy culd sew some knagaroo ears for us.”
    Olivia, Lara and Jeslyn ” We could wear a headband with some ears on them.”
    Kirsten: “We could wear some face makeup to look like a particular animal.”

Thank you Mrs Weston. We are looking forward to our concert and sharing more ideas with you.

From Prep G

10. Grade 5/6 PC – GOLD RUSH
    synopsis – It will start with a frenzy in a newly formed goldfields town. There will be troopers trying to catch people without mining licenses, families trying to establish new homes, shop keepers and new miners arriving. It will be loud like you’re in the town, a lot of catch phrases and vocal characterisations will be heard. It will then focus on two miners finding gold and the ‘fever’ associated with this.
    We will also include something about the Eureka Stockade – we’re not sure what that part will look like yet it’s still in development.

Music: incorporating our dance “strip the willow” and bush music to set the scene for the audience.
    we’re about to explore modern music to represent the conflict at the Eureka Stockade Mrs Z has a song in mind to start with called “We weren’t born to follow” – Bon Jovi.

Props: gentlemen – cane or top hat or vest
    women – full skirt or bonnet or purse
    fake fire near the camp
    children – skipping rope or kite
    shop counters
    chinese – hats
    tents in the background to act as jails,schools etc

We would really like some other ideas about props as well as ideas about stage layout.

Thank you, 5/6 PC (secretly done by Mrs Z and the PC class) 🙂

11. 5/6 ZC – British Settlement – First Fleet Voyage.

synopsis : People in the jails back in England setting the scene for why the government sent so many convicts to Australia (New Holland) in the first place.
    The main part of our performance will be about what life was like for the convicts and the higher ranked officers aboard the First Fleet. We want to convey the living conditions, how the convicts were treated, the difference between the social classes and how and what they did to pass the time. we want to make sure that we talk about all of the hopes these people had for their ‘new life’ in Australia.
    We’ll finish with some freeze frame with the British engagement with the Aboriginals.

We want to know what other students think about our ideas.
    – We think that we could use some of the preps in our freeze frames to represent the Aboriginals? – exchanging gifts, showing conflict

Props: Captain’s hat, beards, jail bars on the boat, muskets
    chains on the convicts
    spears, truncheons, boat, waves, sail, buckets, British flag, hats/sashes for guards, old ripped clothes.

music : from our bush dance – Bound for Botany bay, old rare Mountain dew

please give us some feed back

12. Dear Mrs Weston,

For the concert Grade 3/4RR will begin by walking onto the stage in pairs singing “Two little boys.”

After this the children will perform the story of Simpson and his Donkey. Following on from this we were thinking that a freeze frame battle scene would look really effective. Once this is finished the students place a poppy (with a light inside it) on the ground and a couple of students read the poem “In Flanders Fields.” Once this has been read the Last Post is played and everyone is standing very still.

COSTUME: A army green coloured vest and a poppy (if possible slouch hat).

PROPS: Images of a battle scene during the freeze frame. When the poppies are put down an image of a cementry. While the students sing Two Little Boys an image of rocking horses appears on the scene. Another battle scene image during the Simpson and his Donkey section.
    A Duffy (a donkey)!

We are all really excited about our performance. This is just a start and things might change as the students come up with other great ideas.

Many Thanks,

Grade 3/4RR

• Thanks for your post 3/4RR. I am really excited about your performance as well. You have an opportunity to not only to present your learning, but to demonstrate really powerful dramatic acting skills. What emotions do you want the audience to feel when they see your performance? I feel that you might even have a few audience members with a tear or two in their eyes!!!

13. Hi Everyone, I am really looking forward to seeing 3/4 RR’s performance of 2 little boys because it is one of my all time favourite songs for children. I wonder whether you will do a literal interpretation of the song and perform it ‘just in war time’ or would you consider paralleling it to a modern day event so that the audience could see how the themes of friendship, social justice and mateship transcend time and are innately Australian?
    Mrs Zanelli

14. Hi everyone, I am so impressed with the richness of what is being planned and how this story will represent our story. The feedback that you are giving each other is generative too. I know that we will be ready when the curtain goes up . Preps will be having another rich experience on June 25th when Colin McKinnon comes with Brent and Aboriginal didgeridoo player who also does contemporary Aboriginal hip hop. Colin will be chatting about our local area too. Colin is the director of Mia Mia Gallery and well worth a look u there too. Thanks for Jen and Craig McMahon ( little Imogen’s parents)for their support with this visit.
    Mrs Weston your blogosphere has so much in I have a crick in my neck from reading it.
    Thanks everyone, I have to think of a concert item I can wear on my black suit to fit in with the concert.
    Mrs M

15. Hi Mrs. Weston,

Just reminding you that for the concert we were thinking of using the stage light so when the animals go on stage they know where to go. We also need to remind you that we need three people to sneak on stage and place our props on us as we are reading off the pallete. We also need paint brushes, paper, buckets of paint, pom poms and the easels to be taken down to our stage for practise next week.
    Bethany, Bianca and Aria

16. Hi Mrs.Weston,
    I just wanted to know what songs i would be involved in…
    I know definatly waltzing matilda, because that is what we were rehearsing the other day.
    I also think Under the Southern Skies because that is part of our Grand Finale
    P.S: Is Under the Southern Skies the song that will be played while Nick, the Teacher and I will be bowing to?
    Thanks
    From Bronte

17. Hi Mrs.Weston,
    I have learnt the lyrics to Under the Southern Skies and the short part of our ‘spooky’ Waltzing Matilda.
    From Bronte

• Well done Bronte. You are to be commended for how enthusiastically and responsibly you approached your performance requirements. THank you. Mrs Weston

18. Hi Mrs.Weston,
    Thanks for your comment
    I know that I am featuring in the songs Under the Southern Skies and Waltzing Matilda, but am I featuring in any other songs. I would like to knownso that I can get straight onto learning the lyrics!
    Thanks, Bronte

19. Hi Mrs. Weston,
    When are Nick and I going to have a workshop with you for our lines? I also need to have a workshop with Mrs. Zanelli.
    Could you please tell me the dates of these workshops so that I can prepare?
    Thanks
    Bronte.

20. Hi Mrs Weston,

For the beginning of Jungle Book, when there are 9 bars of music, we could come in in full costume but be pretending to fix up our hair or clothes. If we came in in groups of 3 or 4 and stood in clusters around the borders of the stage, Bagheera and Baloo would be easily seen for the opening song. Also, Shere Khan could burst out from behind the choir and everyone else.
    Elena

21. HI Again,

When Shere Kan has his song, later on in the concert, the choir/jungle could act really afraid of him. He could say something or tell them to start singing about him, and that’s when they come in with their lines.

Also, the choir could wear black as usual but wear a green item as well, like a headband or jacket. This way they look more like a jungle.

Elena 😉

22. The wolves traits are…
    Brave trusting loyal wise good in making choices pride proud old caring and they have a lot of wisdom in them.
    Kaas traits are…
    Cheeky bold evil mysterious secretive cunning old.
    The jungle books traits are…
    Friendship
    care
    humor
    teamwork
    pride.
    Thanks for reading! 😀

23. Hi mrs weston here are the characters that Kirsten and I picked,

WOLVES:
    .brave
    .trusting
    .loyal
    plus the wolves are wise,smart in making choices,pride,loyal old and caring they also have wisdom

‘NEXT CHARACTER’

KAA:
    .evil
    .mysterious
    .secretive
    .cunning
    .old
    .cheeky
    .bold

and last but not least the values:
    1.Friendship
    2.Care
    3.Humour
    4.Teamwork
    5.Pride

24. hi mrs weston,
    baloo traits:
    helpful
    trustworthy
    bold
    wise
    caring
    smart
    loyal
    cunning
    has pride
    and baloos values:
    friendship
    pride
    teamwork
    and trusting

25. Hi Mrs Weston! These are some of the character traits for Baloo. Baloo is a very happy character and is quite easy-going. I think that one of his values is that he doesn’t worry too much and is loyal to others.
    Thanks ~ Sincerely, Imogen and Sophie 🙂 🙂

26. Mrs W
    as for my part in the as the snake I was thinking that the people who were being the snakes they could have pillows under there belly’s so they could slide on the flour.
    LOVE OTYLIA

27. Hi Mrs Weston,
    I think the production was great! Everything went very well on the night. I loved the paper fruits! I think the next concert should be one like the Jungle Book.
    Emily:)

28. I think the jungle book was amazing. Future idea would be that not all kids have to stay on stage it got a bit crouded but it ws still a great idea.
    I think the next concert should be hand writen.

29. I thought that the Jungle Book rehearsals were a good way to work on collaborative skills. It showed me that if you do things in a group its more effective.

30. I thought that the jungle book was a good show. Everybody remembered their roles and to sing loudly. I thought that maybe we could have had more live music during the show. It would have made it more entertaining for the audience.

31. I thought the positives were-
    Everyone knew their lines
    There wasn’t any mistakes
    We all had fun
    We had good singing voices
    We stayed in character
    The play flowed and there wasn’t any distractions
    I saw my parents!
    It was a good time.
    MINUS
    The play could have been a different type of theme.
    Way to short.
    Squashed on bleachers
    Better costumes.
    Maybe the play can be earlier instead of night.
    Thats all!

32. Hi Mrs Weston,
    We think our concert was a success! everyone was enjoying it. The crowd had smiling faces, & it was well organised. We think that we should have bigger space on the stage because it was hard to sit on the rises with lots of people on it. The concert should go for longer & maybe over days. Next time we should use our voices louder. For some people the crowd was overwhelming, but it was lots of fun!

33. Hi Mrs Weston,
    i think the performance was successful. I think the rises should be a bit bigger and we should have more shows.Also the performance should go for longer.The whole performance was great people came and clapped.I thought that everyone in the crowd thought it was really funny. From Bianca.G

34. Hi Mrs Weston,
    Maya and I are here to tell you some things we though was good and bad about the play,

Firstly the play was a success and also everyone was amused by the play and was happy and though it was funny.

Secondly everyone was concentrated on what they had to to and everyone new where to be at everyone single second.

Thirdly i think the play should have been longer and should have had more props so it would look more like a jungle.

Fourthly everyone remembered there roles really well and what songs they had to sing also everyone did a great job and all the teachers put a lot of effort into the play.

And last but not least the play had a great sense of humour and was the one of the funniest and everyone got a good laugh out of it.

35. Hi Mrs weston.
    I just wanted to leave a comment about these few things.

Positive. Minus. Interesting.
    Good To much Crowd overwhelming.
    Job people.
    everybody.
    Very\good
    music.

36. Hi Mrs Weston
    I thought The Jungle Book was really fun
    the show was really good because every one was in there character.
    I wish it went a lot longer because I had a lot of fun.

37. Hi Mrs Weston,
    Next year I would like to do Charlie & the Chocolate factory. I would like to do this one because everyone will have a part in it. I also thought that the show could go on more nights so if the parents can’t go one night they can go a different night.

38. Hey Mrs Weston,

I would like to do ‘The King & I’, because it is challenging and it would be fun to see all the amazing costumes. And also ‘The King & I’, is a famous play that you can see, and a big variety of people would be dazzled to hear we are doing ‘The King & I’. I think on the other hand that, maybe a little more people can get dialog (senior building only) to make it a little more interesting. I will be aiming my head high to get a main character role.

From Evie.

39. Hi Mrs Weston,
    I would like to do Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it is fun and interesting. I would like to do our concerts every year, not every second year.

Em:)

40. Hi Mrs Weston,

I think that we should do the lion king, jungle book 2, star wars or despicable me. I think we should do a longer play